Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update Your Life

Well, it is almost the end of the first month of the year, and I feel like it has been forever since it was warm. Okay, so Tuesday it was in the 60's, but today it is right now 37. If it would stay cooler I could adjust, but it keeps bouncing around warm then cold. That's what I get for living in the South, shut up...




Big went with his dad on Monday to get his driver's permit. I don't know if I am ready for my baby boy to drive, but I can't keep him small forever. So far he has driven 3 times and only managed to almost run out in front of another car once. (Only screamed a little bit!!) When he gets his head around driving, I am sure that it will be alright, but until then, I will ride along holding the door handle, holding my breath waiting until I have to correct his driving. (Maybe more screaming...)





Little turned 7 on Wednesday, January 14th and continues to tell me things she can do now that she is 7. She really wants to cook something, by herself! I don't think so!! She also seems to think she can wear lipstick now, but I have told her repeatedly that makeup comes much later. She will understand it eventually, hopefully. She is getting a little bit of an attitude, complete with looks that I shouldn't be getting until she is at least 14. I keep telling her that all those looks will get her is her pants a little warmer in the back...



I will leave your good folks, the 3 of you who actually read this, with a recipe that is so easy and good. Just remember, it makes somewhere around a gallon so be prepared.



Chicken Stew

1 whole chicken, boiled and boned--save the broth
5 potatoes cubed, boiled until tender
2 packages chicken Ramen noodles, cooked and drained

Put all into large pot. Add 1-2 cans cream of chicken or cream of
mushroom soup
2-3 large cans Pet milk
2-3 cups chicken broth
1-2 seasoning packages from noodle pkgs.
Salt if necessary. If too thick add more broth or
milk. Opt. 2 cans mushrooms

I put in 2 of everything except mushroom soup and mushrooms. It comes out very creamy and yummy. I also just boil 2 large chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken which helps in getting the meat off. Little loves this stew and this is the only thing that she says I can make as good as MaMaw.....





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can truly say that the stew is very tasty ! :)