Monday, December 3, 2007

Anxious for what?

Sunday, dear hubby sermonized on Philippians 4:6. This is a pretty good follow up to my last post, sort of. The verse tells us to be anxious for nothing, but to give thanks and supplication. I should have just given thanks to the parents and to God for everything. Instead I tried to make things even. God doesn't want even. He wants everything. My parents didn't want even, they just wanted to provide something helpful to my family. I should take the blessings we get and praise God. I should be praying a prayer of thanks that we are worthy of helping through God making us humble. I should be praying endlessly for everything. I should be studying the Bible more to get more understanding of how God wants things and what I should do.

I should go lay down. My brain is hurting from all of these thoughts forming that are awesome to think about. Maybe I'll just go read a little more from Philippians...

1 comment:

Standing Around Breathing said...

My Fighter verses for this week contain part of what you are saying: "Or who has given Him a gift, that he might be repaid?" We can't outgive the wonderful gifts of God, He snatched the bill before we even got it!!
AMEN!!!!