Thursday, December 20, 2007

Later that month....

Wow! It has been almost 2 weeks, and I don't have any good reason why.
There really is not anything happening to keep me from posting. I guess I just didn't have anything rattling around my brain to write about. I still don't. Well not really.

The only thing that I have been pondering is why there doesn't seem to be an abundance of Christmas Spirit this year. I have read about limited examples of it, but not like normal. It's almost like someone came and sprinkled Mueslix on top of your Honey Nut Cheerios. The goodness is still there, but there are hard, crunchy, twig-like things in your way of enjoying the sweet honey goodness. Is it the economy? The price of gas? The fact that milk is $4 a gallon? Or is our hearts turning sour?

Hubby, this is for you....
This season, open your Bible and read the 4 gospels. Let your heart be open and read closely about why Jesus was born. So that we may live and be saved from God and His wrath. Let's not only celebrate the fact that He was born but also, that He died so that we may live the life of Christians. Helping, hoping, worshipping, "gospeling",sharing, and praying, and doing this daily. All of it.

Let's spend time this Christmas in our prayer closet and go into next year with a new heart set toward God. Let's just do it!

Merry Christmas

No comments: